Whatever software you’re using, there’s simply no excuse for accepting the defaults and not trying to make your charts look more professional. But where do you start? It’s easy to look at great design and agree that it’s great, but when you’re looking at an Excel default, inspiration is much harder to come by. What do you change first?
- A mapping toolbox for journalists: 10+ tools worth checking out May 28, 2017
- Visualising the price of petrol May 4, 2017
- Visual storytelling: The story of South Africa’s water May 2, 2017
- Essential tips and tools for beginning data journalism April 4, 2017
- That awkward moment when your competitors use your column to promote their paywall March 1, 2017
Six tricks to make your data visualisations look better
Posted By Alastair Otter